1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer shuts down when I move it!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stephanieBeaudin, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stephanieBeaudin

stephanieBeaudin Thread Starter

Hi,
    My Dell Inspiron N5110 has a tendency to shut down completely and instantly when I move it. There seems to be no problem with my laptop apart from this. My laptop will shut down when I move it regardless if its using the battery or even when it is plugged in to charge.The battery seems to be working fine, it can run on the battery for over 4 hours no problem and I do not have any problems charging it. My computer isnt even a year old and I take very good care of it, so what could this problem be ? :s
    Thank you,
    Steph.

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Have you talked to Dell about this since it is still under warranty?

3. stephanieBeaudin

stephanieBeaudin Thread Starter

Yes, my mom is going to call Dell tomorrow and ask them but I just wanted to know what was wrong first so I could explain to my mom what is actually wrong with it. I want to prove to her that its not something I did to brake it but that it is doing this on its own.

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Well, I would say something is loose inside to cause this, and Dell will be able to help you trouble shoot it since it is under warranty. Maybe one of the Tech's will add something here to give you other idea as to what's causing this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice