1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer shuts down while in World Of Tanks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fang508, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fang508

fang508 Thread Starter

Feb 1, 2011
    So my dad has been playing WOT for a few years now and recently I helped him build a new computer so we could hand-me-down his older one. I built him a computer with: AMD Athlon II 270 3.4ghz CPU, Biostar A780L3G AM3 MB, 2x4GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600 Ram, Antec VP-450 PSU, Sapphire Radeon HD4850. He has been playing just fine on this setup since November 2013 until the last 2 months. WOT shuts down the computer with no BSOD or minidump/log yet consistently while performing the same action (clicking the battle button or spectating while destroyed) never anything else. This can happen the very first time the computer is turned on or after 10 hours of gameplay later, and even some days it doesn't even happen at all. I have ran Furmark and Prime 95 at the same time to see if the PSU is failing and even after a few hours of maximum power consumption it's still stable. This computer is completely stock no OC or OV at all. CPU reaches 62c with P95 large ffts, and GFX reaches 106c with furmark on 1280/1024 (desktop res 1280/1028/ game res 1024/768) 0 fxAA. WOT doesn't use nearly as much power as running both P95 & Furmark separate or together..What can I do?
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Jan 2, 2001
    My first thought would be the pw supply. Antec pw supplies are NOT recommended for any type of gaming [exception the antec hcg or high current gamer] Those are fine for gaming.
    What are the voltages under load?

Do you have the problem on any other game?

I believe the max temp for that card is approx 100C so you may be getting close to the max temp. Have you pulled the card and given it a good cleaning with a can of air? Checked that ALL fans in your system are in fact working?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149206