1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer shuts down while playing a game .

Discussion in 'Games' started by unconformityxxx, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unconformityxxx

unconformityxxx Thread Starter

I ve recently started playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth i really liked the game the problem is that the laptop shuts down completely after some minutes of playing ..it never did that before..what may be the problem ?

system info :

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Édition Familiale Basique, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 2806 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1275 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 291830 MB, Free - 28326 MB;
    Motherboard: Packard Bell, EasyNote TK85
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. ajkane

ajkane

Your computer probably runs out of RAM and windows has none left to operate so it shuts down, consider upgrading your RAM and then try the game. The second option is to increase the size of your page file, but this will take up some HDD space.
    1) open control panel
    2) open system
    3) click advanced system settings
    4) under performance click settings
    5) navigate to the advanced ribbon
    6) under virtual memory click change
    7) click the radio button that says custom size
    8) change the value to the amount you want (the more the faster your computer will be, to a point), my values are initial 3584 Mb (there is no need to be taking up HDD space if you don't need it), and maximum is 10240 Mb (for when I need it most)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice