Computer shuts down without loading windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

r_khan

Hello,
my computer was fine yesterday, however now when i tried to turn it on, it tells me to select the windows OS (windows xp professional 2002), goes to the windows xp professiona loading screen and then there is a flash of a blue screen (it goes away within a second so i dont have any idea what is written on the blue screen) and then it restarts itself. This happens until you shut off the computer. I have tried "last known configuration" and "safe mode," same exact thing happens.

the computer is a compaq presario 5410. please help me recover it. i am now reinstalling windows xp professional.

thanks.

r_khan

Ok. I repaired the windows xp pro installation and it worked!!!! Yay. Buit what was wrong?

R,

I get that blue screen when I turn my computer on also. I know you fixed yours, could you tell me how or help me with mine. I have a dell.

r_khan

snfreeman said:
R,

I get that blue screen when I turn my computer on also. I know you fixed yours, could you tell me how or help me with mine. I have a dell.
yea sure no problem. i just went here and followed the directions for windows xp repair install.

hope that helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online