1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer shuts off unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by b4uv1, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. b4uv1

b4uv1 Thread Starter

My computer shuts off when searching for files, scannng for viruses, running PC1clik etc. It also indicates programs like adobe acrobat aren't installed and I hve to manually open it. Does anyone have any ideas? I've searched microsofts knowlege base but no luck. I have win XP P4 2.2 Toshiba Satellite 512kb.
    Thanks. I'm counting on you.

2. Sponsor

3. steve65

steve65

Laptop correct?

Does this happen only when on battery power, or also when the system is plugged in?

Steve

4. Mobo007

Mobo007

virus maybe go to the trendmicro website and run house call!

5. Orzel

Orzel

Does this message appears? "Windows shut down unexpectedly,because system NT/AUTHORITY"or Remote Procedure Call.I can't remember exact of this message,its only a sample,but if you see something similiar to this,its obvious that you have a virus in your system.

6. b4uv1

b4uv1 Thread Starter

The system is always plugged in. No error messages prior to shutting down or when rebooted. Can't run anti virus shuts system down. Any Suggestions? Thanx

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

When you say it shuts down, do you mean it restarts or do you mean it powers off and stays off until you restart it?

8. b4uv1

b4uv1 Thread Starter

it powers off and stays off.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/204338