1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Shuts off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moby56, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moby56

moby56 Thread Starter

Hello All,

Just assembled a computer with an P4 3.0 Processor, ASUS PSP800 Mainboard, 1 Gig DDR, ATI RADEON 9250 AGP Video, Enermax ATX2 Power supply with the new 24 Pin ATX Connector.

Problem is that the computer shuts off by itself every now and then whether in DOS mode or Win XP Mode. It even shuts off while on the BIOS setup Screen!!

I am going crazy trying to troubleshoot. This must bethe 30thcomputer I assembled and never had this problem before.

Please help :confused:

2. squidboy

squidboy

Shuts off at the BIOS? Sounds like a hardware problem. Does it shut off or shut down and reboot?

I'll suggest the same thing I always suggest at this stage: pull the motherboard out of the case and place it on some cardboard and attach only what is needed to boot up and test from there (e.g., mb, cpu + fan, ram, hd, video) and nothing else.

3. moby56

moby56 Thread Starter

Thanks. I did found what the problem is and here's what I found:

The two memory chips did not want to exist together. Changed one and all is fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice