Computer shutting down by itself

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

herolegendmyth

Hello, my computer started to shutting down by itself a few days ago. It will shut down just from turning it on, sometime a few minute while its on, and even a hour later. One time, it shut down by itself but the PSU is still running. What is the problem? Here are my spec:

CPU: X86-based PC
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Processor 5600+, 2800 Mhz, 2 cores Logical Processor.
MotherBoard: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.09, 5/3/2007
RAM:3.00 GB
System model: HP GC673AA-ABA m8100n
Window 7 Ultimate 32 bit
WATT output: 500 W
Hardrive: 450GB
Video card: NVIDIA GEFORCE 61503E nForce430
Total Physical memory:2.93 GB
Available Physical memory: 1.57GB
Total Virtual memory: 6.08GB
Available Virtual memory: 4.73GB
Page File Space: 3.23GB

TerryNet

Terry
It just shuts down as if you had pulled the plug? My top suspect is the power supply, but overheating or a memory defect could also be causes. Any hints in the Event viewer?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

What do you mean by a PSU "running"?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online