1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer shutting down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kiwi-in-china, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kiwi-in-china

kiwi-in-china Thread Starter

Hi

My girl Friends Computer keeps shutting down. It started when I replaced the monitor, now it shuts down one time each night.
    When the AC is on or it is a litter colder it does not do it.

I have tried to put the old monitor back on the computer but the monitor does not turn on not even when doing the cmos memory check. But I can hear the computer starting.

but the new monitor works fine apart from it saying that the display needs to be 1440*1600 or something and the computer shutting down. We have the setting it set a little higher because the computer does not have this setting . I think we have at set at ????*1600 I am not sure of the first number.

Has anyone get any ideas

2. jdean

jdean

Sure sounds like the computer is overheating. Open the computer, clean out the dust and cobwebs (a vacuum cleaner works fine). Then check to make sure that all the fans are working and nothing is obstructing the air flow.

3. kiwi-in-china

kiwi-in-china Thread Starter

Last weekend I checked the fans and all where working fine,

Is there a program I can use to check the temp when the computer is running? last weekend I had to keep going into cmos to check the temp.

4. jdean

jdean

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754005