1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer shutting off and now will not start at all

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by myplaidshorts, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. myplaidshorts

myplaidshorts Thread Starter

Yesterday, my computer kept shutting off randomly for no apparent reason. I had to turn the power off for a while for it to start again.

Now today, it won't even start up at all. It turns on for 2 seconds and then turns off.

Oh and before for about half a year, my computer would freeze at random times. To fix that, I had to turn off the power for a few hours and then it would work for about a month and happen again.

Help?

2. gdi1942

gdi1942

definatly a hardware problem, either the ram or power supply i'm guessing. You have another power supply you can try?

3. myplaidshorts

myplaidshorts Thread Starter

No I don't :(

4. gdi1942

gdi1942

do you have more than one ram stick in the PC? If so try removing one then booting and seeing if it starts, if it doesn't put it back in and try the next one. If one time it starts, theres your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/586779