1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Slow and Freezing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Huggy626, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Huggy626

Huggy626 Thread Starter

Last night, my computer was working fine, pretty normal and fast, but I was doing some major research. I had two browsers up, with many tabs open (maybe about 10), had SAI (an art program) up working, and the Downloads folder. After about four hours, the computer started to slow, keeps non-responding, and freeze very badly, to a point where I was struggling to close the programs in order to save it. :( It did that for about 10 minutes before the screen turning black and there was some blue in it, as if it was supposed to show a blue screen. I restarted it up, shut it down, and then started it up again this morning, in hope it'd be faster, but no luck. The windows keep freezing (though I can move the mouse mostly still) and I keep getting Not Responding, and is currently doing a full scan, but I don't know what's going on yet. :( If anyone ask, I was just browsing web store and google, I didn't download any program. My computer's a Windows Vista (still not sure if 64 or 32 bit)

Thank you!!

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Hopefully you can run this small TSG info tool. Have you tried starting it in Safe mode?

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. Huggy626

Huggy626 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-62, x64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2813 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 303742 MB, Free - 202694 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

I don't know much about computers, but it's a Toshiba- I think PSLC8U-03G01U. :confused:

4. dai

dai

are you using it on a hard flat surface

check your temperatures

check the air vents are clear of dust

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice