1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer sometimes hangs up on dell screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by supaduparocka, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. supaduparocka

supaduparocka Thread Starter

Hi guys, I have a Dell Dimension E521 desktop with XP Pro SP3, fully updated, and devoid of any malicious software. It works almost perfectly, except for that sometimes when I restart it, it hangs up halfway through the dell screen. If I shut it off via button and start it back up again, it works fine. It's never done it more than 1 time consecutively. Any thoughts?

2. Megabite

Megabite

Hangs at the Dell Screen not the XP loading screen?

3. supaduparocka

right, the dell screen.

4. Megabite

Megabite

Do you have a logitec mouse or keyboard and is anything connected to the PC from USB ports?

5. supaduparocka

yes, 8 full usb ports including a logitech bluetooth keyboard and mouse set.

6. Megabite

Megabite

Could be something connected to the USB ports....I heard that Logitech had issues like that on Dells....see if there are any update drivers for the PC on Dells site and any newer drivers for Logitech on their site

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/852871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice