Computer Sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kobe9949

One day I was just on my laptop listening to music then my computer starts making this weird buzzing noise than restarts. After it turns back on my sound is gone. It tells me that I do not have an audio device installed. In device manager I get an exclamation mark in High Definition Audio Controller and do not have the Sounds, Video, and Games tab. I have already tried downloading my drivers numerous of times. PLEASE HELP

Exclamation mark means the device itself may be faulty, but if you look at properties for that device (double-click) it should show an error code which can be researched via a search engine to give more information.

Hi all, I signed up becuase you all seem to know your stuff.

Anyways, for the last couple of weeks my computer has had no sound for ANYTHING...except when i play call of duty black ops, that seems to be the only thing that it will play sound for. I updated my driver software for my sound card and it didnt remedy the problem. But i dont think my sound card is faulty otherwise why would it play sound for one certain game/program?

any suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online