1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wwdovew, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wwdovew

wwdovew Thread Starter

There is no sound from my computer any longer. It used to cycle with sound.....now nothing. My email gives me the most problem. With every click it takes a long time to move. :confused:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1526 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 72692 MB, Free - 38646 MB; D: Total - 3609 MB, Free - 1710 MB;
    Motherboard: ,
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. 87654321

Say what??????????

3. turbow5

turbow5

Your CPU fan still work? i had the same problem once and my computer was at 400 mhz. turns out the fan wasn't on. just spin it around a few times and turn on the computer.

4. black-wolf

black-wolf

What do you mean by "every click it takes" ??

5. wwdovew

wwdovew Thread Starter

Not certain what confused you.

6. wwdovew

wwdovew Thread Starter

I will try this. Thanks!

7. wwdovew

wwdovew Thread Starter

Every time I point and click on something in my email.....it takes almost a minute to move....sometimes longer. Also, when I type, the words do not appear until long after I type them.

8. marbski

marbski

try to change the power supply...

9. turbow5

turbow5

You only mentioning your email (typing words now). you don't happen to just have really really slow internet do you?

The words I don't know.

10. wwdovew

wwdovew Thread Starter

I will try to figure out how to change the power supply.

11. wwdovew

wwdovew Thread Starter

I have Comcast, so I should have fast internet. I use AOL for email, where I am having a very slow ability to write, delete, etc. in my email. However, I also have mail.com....I can move at the same fast speed I always have. It is just the AOL that has changed. I recently added 1 GB RAM, but I had the slowness on AOL prior to that. I think that my computer must have some mechanical problem that is changing something, since I can no longer hear it cycling power. My fans seem to be going and I just air cleaned the tower to see if that would help. Prior to adding the RAM, my computer would seem to lose power to operate, as the desktop icons, etc., would go blank and nothing seemed to move. That is no longer happening, since adding RAM. Something technical seems to be wrong within my tower, but I am only thinking that, I have no proof other than the lack of noise from it. Wonder what can wear out inside it. My computer is a 2005. Only AOL seems to be affected. It would make a person think something is wrong with AOL, but that would not account for the lack of noise from the tower. Thanks for thinking about my situation!

12. black-wolf

black-wolf

If AOL is the only thing that you are having issues with it is AOL not your PC.
    Uninstall AOL and reinstal it.
    This has nothing to do with your power supply..

13. wwdovew

wwdovew Thread Starter

I only have AOL email, I do not subscribe to the AOL service.

14. black-wolf

black-wolf

If your computer is running OK other than the AOL email, it must have something to do with AOL.

I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of noise. If you cleaned it, it may be just that the fans don't have to run as much and as fast.

15. wwdovew

wwdovew Thread Starter

Thank you for your thoughts.
    I have been trying to get some help from AOL.
    However, they are not to anxious to help if you are just using email and not a paid customer. I use to be a paid customer, but changed.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061460