1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brvsfn01, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brvsfn01

Brvsfn01 Thread Starter

I am buying a second computer on a budget and I want to try and get the most value for the money I have. I have pretty much narrowed my choice to two. Both computers have similar specs with the difference being the CPU. One computer has a Core 2 Duo running at 3.14 Ghz and the other computer has the Xeon CPU running at 2.10 Ghz. What are the pros and cons of each and which is the more preferable CPU to go with. Thanks all.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    For what type of usage?

In most instances, higher clock speed is preferred over multiple cores. But it largely depends on usage.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You weren't descriptive enough about the processors.

Are you referring to the

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz

and the

Intel Xeon E5-2658 2.10 Ghz

or are you referring to other processor models?

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice