1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer stalling momentarily watching videos or playing games (fb)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by GaryS9955, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GaryS9955

GaryS9955 Thread Starter

This has been going on for a couple weeks now. Playing games on Facebook or watching videos on You Tube my computer will stall (like I was hitting the PAUSE button) just for 5-10 seconds and things will go on as normal. It happens every 20-40 minutes, just enough to interrupt the games I'm playing or the YouTube video I'm watching. (I run Avast for Security and Advanced System Care 7 for Malware) I' do routine maintenance often enough where I have no idea where, how or why?? Other function like writing a letter or email is fine without problems. I am running Vista Home Premium on my 5 year old Dell XPS 420. I am not a big gamer by any means. Most of the games I play are contained on Facebook. I am more the Music and Photo bug, all of which I have stored on my External Hard Drive. Oh, yeah, I also a Video bug and am always om YouTube checking out what' what. Someone, please HELP!! Any other questions I haven't addressed please let me know.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Using IObit Advanced SystemCare 7 and others apps of this nature can wreak havoc with a computer and may be at the root of its issues.

------------------------------------------------------------

3. GaryS9955

GaryS9955 Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply Frank. So would you suggest that I uninstall the Advanced System Care 7? I have no problem with that if it helps to rectify my problem however I don't want to leave the Malware threat unprotected cause I've been burned my Malware ONCE, but that was enough. So, if you think I'll be ok with my AVAST or if I need something else let me know. My knowledge with computers is at a level where it's just enough to deem me dangerous (more to myself) so I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance. Waiting for you reply..... Gary S.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Uninstalling ASC7 isn't going to reverse whatever damage it may have already caused, but uninstalling it will prevent it from doing anymore damage.

----------------------------------------------------------

If you want to combat malware, spyware, rogues, hijackers, etc., these are the free apps that I use once or twice a week:

AdwCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SUPERAntiSpyware

5. GaryS9955

GaryS9955 Thread Starter

Well Frank, just to update you and give you a current status since you've been the only one to reach out and offer your assistance I uninstalled ASC7 and even went back over to see if any files escaped and zapped them as well. I also downloaded Adw Cleaner & SUPERAntiSpyware and ran them. I had been running most of my Security Software 2-3 times a week and that SuperSpyware still picked up 239 threats. Anyhow I'm glad I did all that upon your suggestions but I still have that prolonged PAUSE whenever I play a Video (no matter if it's on BING or YouTube, etc..) and I play this Deer Hunter game on Facebook and on that particular game it's more noticeable than most others. The key is that they are still there. Let me try to do some troubleshooting for a change and you tell me if I may be in the ballpark or somewhere else. It's been close to a year since I took my PC apart and vacumed up all the dust that's inside. Could the dirt and dust be causing this prolonged PAUSE. Yes or no, I still plan on doing a deep cleaning of it. Thanks for all your help Frank and anything else you want to throw my way; please, Fire Away!!

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm not a gamer and I'm not a user of Facebook, YouTube, etc., so I can't address any video issues with them.

When you're cleaning out the interior of the case, pay particular attention to the processor heatsink/cooling fan unit.

If it gets clogged with dust and other debris, it can overheat the processor and cause slowness and freezes.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1125166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice