1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer start up problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PH4, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH4

PH4 Thread Starter

When i start up my PC it doesn't always work. There are a number of different things that happen when i turn it on. I'll list them from most frequently occurring to least
    1. PC turns on with no beeping, nothing happens till i hold the power button to turn it off (monitor status off)
    2. PC remains in State no.1 for a few seconds to a minute, then opens normally
    3. Continuous beeping till i press the power button which shuts of the PC immediately (monitor status off)
    Whenever the computer starts in State no.1 i find that wiggling the DVI cable connecting my PC to my monitor gets the monitor to turn on. From that point it either works or proceeds to flash a single color on my screen then proceed to go back to State no.1 and won't work again till i hold the power button to turn it off. I usually repeat this process until it starts up again which can take from a minute to an hour. Please help.
    My specs are as follows

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3325 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 465331 MB, Free - 43226 MB; D: Total - 11605 MB, Free - 1637 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, Boston

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a HP/Compaq brand computer.
    What is its model name and complete model number?
    What is its exact product number?

Is it being used with the original hardware that came in it, or has any hardware been added/replaced in it?
    Its Intel processor has integrated Intel graphics, so I'm guessing that you added or it came with an ATI graphics card.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1176966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice