1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer started to freeze

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by chrisjohn, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisjohn

chrisjohn Thread Starter

Hi
    I need help i have been trying to find and remove
    SystemDir.explorer
    systemDir. regedit
    I have used several anti-virus add adware etc. without success i am using win 7 64bit with all its foibles (locked folder file etc.) i have also done a complete factory reinstall without any success any help would be much appreciated
    All the best
    Chrisjohn

2. chrisjohn

chrisjohn Thread Starter

Hi
    I need help i have been trying to find and remove
    SystemDir.explorer
    systemDir. regedit
    I have used several anti-virus add remove programs without success i am using win 7 64bit with all its foibles (locked folder file etc.) i have also done a complete factory reinstall without any success any help would be much appreciated
    All the best
    Chrisjohn

3. chrisjohn

chrisjohn Thread Starter

Hi
    I have a hp pavilion p2063uk running win 7 64bit i have had it for about 5 months, recently i used Bazooka Adware and it reported that i have SystemDir.explorer and SystemDir.regedit in %SystemDir% no other adware or virus program showed these and i could not locate them, so i decided to restore the computer back to factory using the restore disks that i made, having successfully completed the restore i re-ran the Bazooka program and they are still there, about a week later the computer started to freezes just after start-up windows offers shut down or fix and restart, this does not happen every time i start the computer
    Any advice would be very much appreciated
    Best Chrisjohn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice