1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer starts in safe boot !

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by max biaggi, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. max biaggi

max biaggi Thread Starter

hai !

My friend's computer always starts in safe mode.ive tried last known good configuration,system restore in safe mode.tried unchecking the safe boot option in boot.ini in msconfig.still no success.any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Christia

Christia

My best guess is that it is not only Safeboot that is turned on in System Restore.

While in System Restore, click on the General tab and make sure that the Startup Selection has a dot next to the option that says Normal Setup - load all device drivers and services. Click apply, and when prompted to restart the computer, let it restart the computer.

There are some other ideas I have about what could be wrong, but first try this. If the problem still persists, please post back.

You can access System Restore by clicking on Run in the start menu and typing in MSCONFIG (Just in case you were accessing it another way.)

Good luck :)

3. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

I would go into the BIOS and have it started by the IDE.

4. max biaggi

max biaggi Thread Starter

Thanks for ur response,but ive also tried in normal mode in msconfig but still it didnt work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!