1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer starts, windows doesnt

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DbowDT, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DbowDT

DbowDT Thread Starter

I have a Computer problem i couldnt solve.
    When i push the power button on my case, the fans and the Bios beep are noticed. After that it just stops, it wont go past that point. I have no idea what to do. My system is below.

Thermaltake Dreamier 5 case
    Intel P4 3.4Ghz CPU
    Intel Mobo
    OCZ 1g ddr2 ram
    Microsoft XP pro
    Microsoft Cordless duo
    Antec ATX 12v version 2 power supply. 500 watts
    ATI x700 Pro 256mb
    Viewsonic 17" LCD moniter.

Any help is appreciated.

2. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

Do you hear any beeps (POST)?

3. axis77

axis77

do you get a black screen? does windows load then reboots? any blue screens?

4. DbowDT

DbowDT Thread Starter

I push the power button on case and i hear "Beap, beap, beap........beap" 3 beaps then 1. I have a black screen, Like it doesnt get any signal.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion

With Intel boards, only 3 beeps usually means a memory problem...not sure about 3-1.

Pull out the memory one stick at a time (if you have 2 sticks), and see if it boots. If you only have one stick, make sure the contacts are clean, and blow out the slot with a can of air (computer store), then reseat it.

Scorp.

6. pradeesh

pradeesh

might be some problem related to display adapter

7. DbowDT

DbowDT Thread Starter

I tried the momory, that doesnt seem to be it. I was thinking it could be the display adapter till last night except when i tried running a BIOS reset from the floppy, my floppy wouldnt kick in.... IN the Intel book, they said Beeps (1,3 = Memory error 8 = video error) i get 3,1. BUt when i turn it on, the moniter always says Not Responding...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice