computer still slow not responding errors?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tenthjester65

okay im not sure whats going on here.
My girlfriend got a computer from her sisters dad . It was not that great. really slow ,had some problems fixed alot of them still ran very slow a ton of not responding errors. Got it to run at semi normal speeds still lots of not responings and freezing. It was running vista ulimate because when we first got the pc we tried 7 on it and nothng good was going on. Had vista put back on it and was a little better. I did not know as much about pcs than as i do now. Did not have alot of time to mess with it or to learn . I started reading learning a little. my gfs sisters dad gave her a new better faster computer so now the messed up one is mine. Have been working on it , removed startup programs deleted the few programs i dont use or dont need speed it up a little bit. still way gone. I had a thought . i saw on the side of my machine that it came with xp. So i decided to borrow my friends xp disk wiped and downloaded it . Even worst than when i started working on it . Wiped and redid vista. back the way it was before . My friend told me about a site that checks your ram . found out i only had 2gb of ddr2 and that i could have 4gb. I wnet and got the proper ram installed it and it hellped it alot.Still not responding messages. Decided to try windows 7. Formated. downloaded windows 7. runs a little faaster than it did still givs not responding . Takes along time to load sometimes. freezes sometimes not near as much i dont know what to do to make it run right someone please help me. I will be checking back. Please someone help me im stuck:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

dai

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

tenthjester65

okay here is your info

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 2650e, x64 Family 15 Model 127 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2814 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM), 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 430679 MB;
Motherboard: eMachines, WMCP61M
Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated and Enabled
its an emachine el 1200-06w

dai

and the rest

power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

tenthjester65

delta electronics, inc
dps- 220ub a
220w
the only thing i found in the bios
+12v 11.89v
is that what you needed

dai

delta are low quality oem and the 12v line is dropping

see if you can borrow a larger wattage power supply to try in it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts