Computer stop working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NetteJ

I have an everex desktop pc, with windows vista. after pc install window update, i get a box stated

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encounter an unexpected error. Window insallation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "ok" to restatr the computer and start the installation.

I did this, it goes back to this box...What every i do i get this message. I can't turn the computer off . I have to unplug it.

Try booting in Safe Mode, if successfull, go to the Add/Remove programs and try and remove that Update, if the Update is not listed, you will have to put a checkmark on the Left hand side where it says "Show Updates" or something like that.
Once you have removed the Culprit(s), try a Normal reboot to see if this works.

Try booting from you OS CD or DVD and then choose options from there, try the Repair option first to see if that works.

Perhaps you could try a Linux LiveCD and run fdisk or similar from that? (Not sure exactly how to do this but I could figure it out if you need help)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online