1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer stop working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by NetteJ, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NetteJ

NetteJ Thread Starter

I have an everex desktop pc, with windows vista. after pc install window update, i get a box stated

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encounter an unexpected error. Window insallation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "ok" to restatr the computer and start the installation.

I did this, it goes back to this box...What every i do i get this message. I can't turn the computer off . I have to unplug it.

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Try booting in Safe Mode, if successfull, go to the Add/Remove programs and try and remove that Update, if the Update is not listed, you will have to put a checkmark on the Left hand side where it says "Show Updates" or something like that.
    Once you have removed the Culprit(s), try a Normal reboot to see if this works.

3. NetteJ

NetteJ Thread Starter

I try in safe mode, it goes back to error in box...

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Try booting from you OS CD or DVD and then choose options from there, try the Repair option first to see if that works.

5. NetteJ

NetteJ Thread Starter

i have window vista, pc didn't come with OS CD or DVD...

6. ChildOfLore

ChildOfLore

Perhaps you could try a Linux LiveCD and run fdisk or similar from that? (Not sure exactly how to do this but I could figure it out if you need help)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice