1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer stopped turning on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by prowling, Feb 14, 2020.

1. prowling

prowling Thread Starter

Recently I removed my heatsink and rearranged my ram sticks after dealing with a horrendous audio issue that my friend suggested fixing by swapping slots of my ram sticks. Everything is plugged in, however when I press my power button nothing turns on. My power supply is working fine as I can see my graphics card light up, but I’ve already unplugged everything and plugged it back in by now and I can’t get it to start up, keep in mind 15 minutes before I did this my pc was running fine minus an audio issue where my audio would turn off for a few seconds then come back on.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Aside from the fact that your friend gave you bad advice to remedy your audio issue, you need to be more detailed and clearer as to exactly what you did.

You removed WHAT heatsink?
    How exactly did you replace it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice