Computer stuck at no drive attatched to fast track controller .. no bios installed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

musiclover

I am attempting to add a sata drive to an older machine running windows 2000, that lost its hard drive. I am doing this because I have a sata drive, and would like to avoid buying another, + it is a better drive.

Anyways, After putting in the pci adapter card and connecting the drive to it, I cannot enter into setup, or anything. No matter what I hit while booting, the machine goes to a screen that says:

No drive attatched to Fast Track Controller!

[Note] The BIOS is not installed

Thats it, it just hangs there.

No option to boot from floppy, no way to get into the bios on the motherboard. Any advice appreciated.

MysticEyes

Banned
I guess you could try pulling the CMOS battery (or reset it if you know how) for a few minutes. It might then allow you to get back to the BIOS.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online