1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer suddenly sucks after 2 months

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chrisdg92, Aug 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

My pc is newly build worked perfectly for 3 months after gaming for a long time with lag. I finally have a pc that plays with 0 lag but now after 2 months it started doing this on the video I posted. With EVERY video game sometimes I have even gotten blue screen or my games freeze I get a broken loud noise come from my speaker. I'm losing my mind I can't figure out a fix tried restarting whole pc did bios update. If i knew anything else I would try. No clue what's wrong it's annoying as hell very frustrating. My video wont post for some dam reason so I have to explain it. Every game I play my game freezes for a couple seconds screen turns black for a couple seconds then goes back into game for a couple seconds. It will do this in random intervals most of the time every 2 to 5 seconds then it will stop for a minute or 2 and start again. Freeze and make a loud annoying sound. And freeze freeze freeze I have no other way of explaining it. But it worked perfect for the first 2 months then it went down hill.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 1 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 12
    RAM: 8142 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 464 GB (381 GB Free); D: 1863 GB (1734 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., AB350-Gaming 3-CF
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    We need more information about your computer, so please do the following in it:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
    After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
    Information about your computer will appear.
    Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

Ok i added the information On my first post i just edited in there

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Clipboard.jpg

Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3
    It has 4 DIMM slots and supports a maximum of 64 GB(16 GB X 4) of RAM.

Your computer is obviously being used for modern gaming, so why does it have only 8 GB of RAM?
    It should have at least 16 GB.

The hardware/gaming experts here will need a description of the power supply, so please provide the brand name and model number and wattage of yours.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  5. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

It's a corsair cx750 this problem just started happening I didnt have any issues before only games I play is mount and blade warband world of warcraft starcraft 2 the newest game I play is overwatch. I just bought another ram stick to make it 16gigs my bro had mentioned ram could be a problem. But we weren't sure since it worked perfectly for 2 months straight then I stopped using it since I had no time to play for a good month. Came back and it started freezing a lot and flickering.

Attached Files:

6. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

Here's another photo
    Here is another photo of my power supply not sure where to find the model number.

Attached Files:

7. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

I cant post videos on here for some reason but here are some screenshots of what playing on this pc looks 95% of the time. Also this is what I mean by it windows in and out of game flickering black screen I cant close the game or open anything I can only see the windows and task bar sometimes it just freezes completely. Thought this might help maybe clarify or specify a little more.

Attached Files:

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    The Corsair "CX" series power supply units are designed for basic systems and are NOT designed for the demands of gaming.

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, so I don't know if that's the root of your issues.
    Someone else here who is a hardware/gaming expert will need to chime in.

9. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

Ah ok i understand I just got the new ram stick I have 16 gigs now. It seemed to help a little bit my games will still window out on its own like once or twice and it wont do it again after. That's only mount and blade warband. I haven't tried another game I'm going to try other ones now.

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm glad to hear you increased it to 16 GB of RAM, and that it's helping a bit. (y)

11. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

Thank you I wonder what else it could be though. Because it still does it just less frequent just once or twice 3 times.

12. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I wish I could give you an answer, but as I previously said, I'm not a hardware/gaming expert.

Your thread has been moved to the "Games" section, so hopefully some of the experts here will chime in.

13. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

Yea I understand thank you for allthe assistance!

14. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    I know that windows update(especially the huge system cumulative updates)can cause bsods sometimes(buildup of updates), and can run a system a bit high. Maybe you have a bunch of stuff trying to update at the same time? Microsoft store, windows updates, other programs, an extra antivirus software constantly running. Im still learning a lot though, so I could be wrong.

15. Chrisdg92

Chrisdg92 Thread Starter

Yo
    U might be on to something cuz my windows was NOT activated I have used the same windows for 16 years now. But when i built this pc and transferred hardware. It would not activate so I called and they hooked me up with the windows 10 home for 40 bucks instead of 135. Now it is activated. I have played only mount and blade warband it doesnt do the problem I have been having ever since the ram and windows activation it does it like once or twice. I'm thinking it might just be the game. I played overwatch it played perfectly only problem I had was 2 crashes on overwatch because of video renderer something like that but I think that might be game related as well not .y pc. At least I'm hoping it's the game and not my pc after work i am going to try world of warcraft and starcraft 2.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice