1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer system date and time are incorrect

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cubes, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubes

cubes Thread Starter

Well its January 2008 and today when i turned on my computer i saw that my date and time were wrong..plus when i was starting up my computer a message said something like i need to set date and time. I tried to double click the clock at the bottom right side of the computer screen but it does not respond. The time and date window will not pop up so i can reset it. I tried the control panel clicked on dates, times, language, and regional options then i clicked change the date and time but when i click that option nothing appeared. I even click the change the format ... but i can't change the time. So that's my question. I am using AVG free edition but it is in error state and it will not allowed me to update because my computer date is not correct.
    Help

2. SB305

SB305

Your CMOS (BIOS) battery may need replacing. It's probably a CR2032 lithium button cell, shiny chrome-coloured and 0.75 of an inch in diameter.
    The following assumes that you have a desktop PC, not a laptop.
    In any case, check your manuals.
    To replace the battery you need to open the PC case and identify the battery. Make sure that the electrical power is switched off. Before touching anything else in the PC, touch a metal part of the case so that you cannot damage any components with the electrostatic charge in your body.
    Note which way up the battery is in its holder and check that it's properly seated. The holders are usually flimsy affairs so take care when you remove the battery or put it or a replacement back (right way up!).
    If you have a voltmeter you can check the current battery. If it's a CR2032 it should read 3 volts.
    Taking the battery out for more than a couple of minutes or so will reset your BIOS to default values so you may have to tweak certain BIOS settings after replacing the battery. This is no big deal and your motherboard manual will give you complete guidance.
    Good luck! (y)

3. akolagtech

akolagtech

Try to change it from the BIOS and make sure your BIOS date setting is up to date. When you boot up your PC, go to your BIOS setup to change the date and time and see if that help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/667071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice