1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer takes no input and gives no output.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BadAtComputers, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BadAtComputers

BadAtComputers Thread Starter

So I was in a game and was in the main menu when i noticed the screen would flicker randomly when i moved my mouse, and would periodically go dark followed by a sudden complete black screen. At that point the computer could still give some audio off, no video, and didn't take any commands from either mouse or keyboard. I opted to restart my pc, but now the pc only turns on and makes the usual whirring and fan spinning noises, but does very little else. It wont respond to any mouse/keyboard inputs, (mouse and keyboards lights don't even glow), monitor gets no signal no matter what, and the pc doesnt even make the beep that it usually makes when booting up.
    I have no idea what to do to fix this, and my only guess on what the issue might be is that it was a voltage issue, as there was a power cut soon after.
    HELP!!!!

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Bad GPU, maybe bad PSU.

Post your system specs

3. BadAtComputers

BadAtComputers Thread Starter

I don't really know how to find out what this pc's specs are as its practically dead now, I just know this one is really old (like over 7 years maybe). Just let me know if this problem is therefor fixable or do I need to buy a new pc (assuming i have bad specs which i probably do)

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    If the computer is really that old then it's outdated anyway. Based on the problems with it, if you can, I would buy a new system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice