1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer temperatures, to high or to low ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by denise16, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. denise16

denise16 Thread Starter

Are these temperatures normal ? I checked around on the internet but everyone had different answers all over the forums. Do you think the fans are not working correctly ?

(i used everest)
    motherboard: 35 C
    cpu: 20 C (this seems quit low..i didn't see anything this low on any website)
    cpu diode: 38 C
    mcp: 68 C

Info:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, x86 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2

thank you :D !

2. AngelOfPassion

AngelOfPassion

the lower the better, to a point.

They seem fine to me, the 68C seems a LITTLE high, but i'm not quite sure what you mean by mcp...

My temps are as follows

Motherboard temps
    32C-42C

CPU temps
    21C - 24C (idle)

HD temp
    31C

GPU temp
    81C

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Software apps often return flaky info regarding temps. Check your temps in the bios and post those here.

Another option is that many mb makers have monitoring software ie asus has asus probe, gigabyte has easy tune, etc. If you have one of these boards, download the latest version of the software and install.
    mcp=media comm processor ie it is part of an nvidia chipset motherboard.

4. denise16

denise16 Thread Starter

thanks for the replies !
    under pc health it says:

current cpu temp: 28 C
    system temp: 35 C
    cpu fan speed: 2235 RPM (if this is any help ?)

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Very normal temps for an amd64. Is there any stability problem ie bsod, freezing, etc?

6. denise16

denise16 Thread Starter

I'm so glad to hear that!! a week ago my computer screen would freeze up completely, or just go completely black. after closing it manually, if i turned it on immediately, the screen would just be black. but if i waited a while it would open normally...but then close again, so i was guessing it had to do with the temperature.

the good news is i haven't had any problems for days now ! i should probably take extra precautions..

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You may have other problems. In the bios where you checked your temps, you can also check voltages. Check the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values and post those here. If those are OK, download and run memtest There are detailed instructions on the site for making the boot CD so if you do not know how to make a bootable CD from the iso file, read through the instructions.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice