computer through the tv (blury picture)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

will182

Banned
i have connected my old computer to the tv throught the graphics card through (s_video out ) and i have alterd the settings as best as i can and no matter what i do i cant get the screen so i can read all the writing its so blured and when i alter the resaloution to about under 800 x 600 and then i have to move the arrow and the screen hast to scroll down to get to the start bar and i still cant see it unless i get the magnifier so what should i do

my graphics card is a bfg ge force fx 5200 pci 256mb

the quality of a pc screen on a tv is very poor, especially using s-video. Don't forget that your pc has about 1,024 lines (if you're monitor's native resolution is 1024x768 for eg) and your tv has 625 lines. It shouldn't really matter if you're just trying to watch a movie or something like that through your tv, as the video may well be only be 600 lines anyway (up to 700 for DVD-quality) but for general computer use a tv isn't really an option.

A better option is an LCD-TV or plasma screen, that has a higher resoliution than a tv, so the picture will be more like yoru pc monitor, but nothing will actually be as good as a CRT or TFT monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online