Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sanityissurvival

Short story LCD broken, no HDMI, no formatting possible. What cable can I connect to a tv?

Details
So my friends computer fell. None of the hardware is destroyed but the LCD is beyond usage and repair. They have a lot of data to get off it but removing the memory isn't an option now. I tried to connect to a tv but I've got no hdmi. All it's got are enthernet (fairly certain can't use it) and bunch of USB type A. Do USB A to A work without formatting and if not what will?

Triple6

Rob
Does it have a VGA or DisplayPort?
Also

Easiest way would be to remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer, either internally as a secondary drive or through a USB to SATA adapter.

Also why would you want to format it? Formatting deletes data, that's the opposite of what you want to do.

HyperHenry

Henry
If you have a TV with a USB port it should have a source option to select the USB as a source. Are we talking about a laptop or and all-in-one computer? I know the all-in-ones have few options

Triple6

Rob
If you have a TV with a USB port it should have a source option to select the USB as a source. Are we talking about a laptop or and all-in-one computer? I know the all-in-ones have few options
Unfortunately that won't really help to get their data off.

HyperHenry

Henry
I was thinking the same thing. That's why I was wondering if it was an all-in-one because I think the HDDs are built into the motherboard. I may be wrong, I've never had an AIO but heard it from a friend who does.
I think the OP is just looking for an alternative way to use the computer.

EDIT: My friend's doesn't have a VGA Port

Triple6

Rob
HDD's are not built into motherboards in most all-in-ones. HDD's are never built in as they have moving parts. Some SSD's may be integrated into some motherboards but those are few, 99% of all-in-ones have removal drives.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts