1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer to TV

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by WACOWALLY, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WACOWALLY

WACOWALLY Thread Starter

This has been answered many times b4 as I see from looking at the past forums but here I go again. I am downloading pay per view sports on line. When I play them I want them to go to my TV so I can relax in my easy chair.
    I have HP computer
    Intel Pentium D/820 dual processeor
    ATI RADEON Xpress 200 graphics card
    1024 MB MEM
    Plenty of space on hard drives.
    I have an S-video output on the computer.
    I have composit video input on both my TV and VCR.
    HP says I just need a s-video to composit adaptor to do this.

I have the adaptor but no picture on TV. Does not show that it sees TV. I have tried same thing with portable Analog Video Camera.

I have USB ports and Fire wire ports available. Any suggestions or should I just get a second video card with With composit video in and out ports so I can from my vcr to computer also?

I forgot to say I am using Windows XP Media Center edition 2005

Thanks Wally

2. guitar

guitar Banned

don't know if this works for you but i had to change display settings on comp to 16bit

3. WACOWALLY

WACOWALLY Thread Starter

Thank you. I just tried that. Still not working. Computer is not seeing TV.

4. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

Are you going from the pc to the vcr or the pc to the tv? either way you need to slect which input you are using through the TV or VCR's menu. Just FYI, the picture you will be getting won't be worth watching...

5. WACOWALLY

WACOWALLY Thread Starter

I did. In my case it is LINE IN 2. Got sound but no picture. I would like to go from the PC to the TV as the games I wish to see are no longer offered on cable. Then I would also like to take movies from my Sharp analog camera and put them in my PC

6. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

S-video doesn't carry sound...
    How exactly do you have this hooked up?

7. WACOWALLY

WACOWALLY Thread Starter

Sorry for delay. Have been out of town.
    S Video out of computer to adapter to RCA plug to composite video RCA plug on TV. YELLOW
    L & R sound out of computer to RED and WHITE RCA plug on TV. Can get no picture on TV. DO I need 2 graphics cards?
    My second problem of sending pictures from the VCR to Computer has been solved. I installed DAZZLE and it works great. Wally

8. stantley

stantley

Go into the ATI Catalyst Control Center and setup the display as extended desktop with the computer monitor as the primary display and the TV as secondary. Also go to TV Properties > Formats > Select by country/region > United States of America.

Then try dragging a window on your computer screen over to the TV.

9. J Pushkar H

J Pushkar H

i am using my tv as monitor from day of my cpu purchase (4 jan 07) (No monitor since ) it is very easy on my jetway 6100 nvidia board with lg flatron 21" tv.
    My m board has svideo as well as 3 port video output as in AV cable requires black red green colored (don't know color codes )
    i connected black to my tvs video port & then took sound o/p from line out (green) of my mboard then connected same to audio port. thats it no any settings nothing . . . . it is some what difficult to read due pixel problems but zooming in opera or soft such as desktop zoom are sufficient for me.
    but some twiking in graphics adapctor options might solve pixel prob e.g. sharpness contrast . .

10. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

the lg flagtrons are LCDs, CRT TVs are pieces of crap for things like this.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice