1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer to VCR - VCR/Camcorder to Computer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by RogerOG, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerOG

RogerOG Thread Starter

We spent Christmas with many family members and we all have some great pictures of a very memorable time together. Since many of the family do not have computers or access to a computer, I said I would attempt to put them on video tape. (Everyone has a VCR don't they?) I was going to put it all together as a PowerPoint presentation then out onto the video and would like to follow this same practice for later projects for work and home. Anyway, it appears that my computer does not have a video card with TV-Out Port. I am running Windows 98 on a Gateway P II 450. I don't do any gaming but would like to do more of the video transfer back and forth to the computer. I found a few different ATI PCI cards with video out capability at different prices. Has anyone had experience with this so I don't have to spend more than necessary for what I am trying to do? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Roger

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I don't Roger... and apparently nobody here that does has seen this... I posted here to move this back in view. Maybe someone will see it now.

3. RogerOG

RogerOG Thread Starter

I appreciate any help I can get.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!