1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Trouble

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MikeRJ, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeRJ

MikeRJ Thread Starter

Well my problem is that my computer freezes or restarts itself whenever it pleases. Usually when I have about 3-5 programs running my computer will just freeze, sometimes only one! Then I have to restart it manually, then about 3-4 hours later it will restart itself or freeze again. But this doesn't happen every 3-4 hours, sometimes it can be days before it will freeze/restart then I have to do the process of re-booting my computer again. I was talking to a friend about this, he knows a thing or two about computers. He says it's the lack of memory on my computer that once I have too many programs running at once the processor can take all that memory at once, then it will restart or freeze on it's own...

I've had this computer a little over 2 years now, and this started about late March of this year, before that, everything was running smoothly, no freezes or restarting.

If anyone has any feedback on this, feel free to reply, thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!