Computer troubles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

454ss

Ok i had someone give me a computer and ive plugged evreything up right and computer starts booting up but nothing ever comes up on the screen so i took the screen and hooked it to another computer and the screen works fine on there. Well on the computer that was given to me it worked the first time it started booting up and came on screen but since then i cannot get anything to appear on the screen any idea what might have happend and how to fix it?

Computers a emachines t2824

how do you know it booted up if you can't see any video? does it "beep" when it first boots?

sounds like a RAM or Video Card Problem..
1. disconnect power
2. remove the RAM chips, blow out or vacuum out the dust from the slots, then carefully reseat them
3. repeat the same process for the video card
4. reconnect power and try booting up again

**remember to discharge any static electricity from your body before handling any internal component**

454ss

I know it boots up cause the first time i used it last week the video came up on the monitor.

Ok maybe thats what it is i did replace the ram in the computer so maybe thats why no videos coming up.Does it matter which slot the ram goes in? theres 2 slots for ram

The video card i dont know where its at cause there is no kind of special car in the extra card slots so i dont know about the video card but that hasnt been messed with.

dustyjay

Jay
that just tells us that the video is on board the motherboard. And on some systems yes it does mater if the ram is inthe right slot or not. If you do not have ram occupying both slots the ram should be in the first slot either numbers Ram 0 or Ram 1 Or Mem 0 and Mem 1. Could also be labeled Mem (or Ram) 1 and 2.

454ss

Ok ive took the ram and switched it from slot to slot trying to get the video come up and it never does the video card is on borad the motherboard so any other ideas? Processor or anything be the problem?

454ss

Ok i just found out i have screen plugged in the monitor connection which is tied into motherboard but if i bump the plug in on the motherboard or w/e the whole computer will shut off so problem must be there any ideas?

454ss

a little help anyone would like to do this before school tommorrow

454ss

I have a video card i could put in it but the it would have a video card and a video slot on the motherboard so will that matter and i dont have a cd for this video card just the card can i just plug it in and use it since sumthins obviously wrong with the stock one or w/e

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online