1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer trying to boot and failing repeatedly.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Memory573, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Memory573

Memory573 Thread Starter

Hi

When I tried to turn on my computer this morning it made all the usual start up noises (fan spinning, beeps etc.) then stopped, tried to restart and failed again. It went through this cycle several times, before I eventually switched it off. It does not get the point where any information is shown on the monitor.
    After looking up online, I've reseated the memory chips, and the video card, checked the connections and confirmed the power leads etc. work on a different PC. As far as I can tell it's either the hard disc or motherboard that's the problem.
    A couple of days previously it had failed, bringing up the Asrock logo for the motherboard and freezing there. I got past that by unplugging holding down the start button, then reconnecting and restarting.
    Given all this I believe it's the motherboard which has failed.
    Can anyone confirm if this is likely, or is there something else I should do/try?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact video card, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228042

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice