Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer Turning On Problem!

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Souljah123 
#1 ·
Hello, i bought a computer from my friend that lives very far away and he said he have installed Windows XP Pro on it and these are the specs of the comp:
Athlon 64 3200+ S749
K8V SE DELUXE MOBO
1GIG of Kingston Value Ram
XFX 6800 GT AGP
Maxtor Diamond 9 200GB
LG 4028(or something close)
a floppy drive and a ATX case.
Everything looks all organized in my case but once i turn on my computer, there are lots of lines and on the top left it shows that i haf the 6800 Gt and after a while, it shows the mother board logo but with lots of lines on it and
after that, it loads up the windows XP pro and it also has lines on the logo and after like a few seconds the screen turns black n nothing else.
Maybe he have plugged something wrong? sorry 4 my bad eng.

#2 ·
You have a mighty power hungry system there, what is the power rating on your PSU, and is the 12-volt AUX input connected on your GeForce 6800 GT video card? This system should have at least a 400 watt power supply, and at least 2 or more case fans one intake at the front and an exhaust at the back because this system develops a lot of heat real fast.

#3 ·
LG is on the cheap end for power supplies.

#4 ·
i have a A- Power 500W Power Supply and what does the 12-volt AUX imput look like?
and are u telling me to buy LG power supplies? if so, where...
if ur mistaken, the LG4028 is a DVD/CD RW

#5 ·
o yah, by the way, i am using BENQ FP 931 and after it loads windows xp, it says No Signal Detected and after 1-3 minutes, it restarts and same thing happens

#7 ·
i have re seated the video card a billlion times... how many plugs should be on each hardware that i have listed? Hardwares :
Athlon 64 3200+ S749
K8V SE DELUXE MOBO
1GIG of Kingston Value Ram<- Cant Put Plugs on it
XFX 6800 GT AGP
Maxtor Diamond 9 200GB
LG 4028(or something close)<- Works
a floppy drive <- Dont Care Much About
500W Power Supply<- Dont need help for this power supply...

#8 ·
okay, after all these guessing and testing, i got in to safe mode and when i right clicked desktop and properties then advanced then adapter then driver. Then it says nothing, its like the video card is not detected and then after a little while i went in to VGA or EGA Mode i forgot and it detected the video card but still has weird colour all over the screen so i changed the resolution and then the screen turned black and noting again so i can only acess my safe mode now... some ppl said it is my driver's problem, will it work if i format my computer?

#9 ·
Is this your video card- http://www.xfxforce.com/product_view.php?sku=PVT40AUA for $400 you would think there sight would have better technical support? Any way your correct this model unlike 90% of the other 6800 GTs doesn't have the AUX 12 volt connector. What are you outputing it to if it's a TV you'll never get good resoultion out of it, if it's a LCD or CRT monitor it should be perfect. As far as formatting and reinstalling the OS that's your call, if you do make sure you install the motherboard drivers before you install the video card drivers, and if your using Windows XP or 2000 install the latest serves packs before any drivers are installed.

#10 ·
yes, that is exactly my video card, and im plugging it to a LCD monitor, do i need to like buy a AUX 12 VOLT Connector or something?

#11 ·
ok, since i couldnt read anything when i booted with my windows xp disc, it said something repair ( is that format? ) well i pressed repair and it reinstalled windows xp, now i can go in normally but it still have all these colours all over the screen, they are like green little barcodes all over the screen. im using the new comp right now but im scared to restart my comp... because it might not work..

#12 ·
Souljah123 said:
yes, that is exactly my video card, and im plugging it to a LCD monitor, do i need to like buy a AUX 12 VOLT Connector or something?
You don't need the AUX connector because your card doesn't require one, if you reinstalled XP with the repair console you should not need to reload your drivers so your good to go there. did your LCD monitor come with any drivers? Some LCD monitors require a spesific driver for proper resoultion detection what is the make and model of your monitor? If it didn't come with the drivers you can look them up on the product sight.

#13 ·
okay, thx guys, but i think it is the video card's problem, it is probably damged when it was being shipped. well, im not so sure but i plugged the video card in to 2 computers, my old one and the new one im using right now that was shipped by my friend, they both have little green barcodes like objects all over the screen so im just gonna use my old video card for now and im gonna bring the video card to the post office to get some insurance money back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.