1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Turns Itself On

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jleeo, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jleeo

jleeo Thread Starter

Well here's a dumb question. For an unknown reason about a month ago, my computer turns itself back on after I have powered down. I have to turn off the power back at the surge protector to keep it from starting itself back up. Apparently, I pulled an "automatic wakeup switch" but do not know what or how to turn it back off. Now when my wife hollers for me to get off the computer and start the dishes, I can't just power down and leave the room. I have to wait for windows to close and the computer to shut off, then crawl behind the desk and turn off the power source before I can get away.

I'm sure this is a simple one for somebody & will truly appreciate the answer to my woe.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Go to the BIOS and turn off wake on lan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/337763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice