1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Turns Off...[PLEASE HELP!!!]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DJJOHN, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DJJOHN

DJJOHN Thread Starter

Ok i've got a HP s7612n Slimline AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800, Now when i goto play music the computer gives no warning & it shuts off. It loses power. I can leave it on all day long & do other things on it but when i play music (doesn't matter which player or whatever i am using) the computer powers down. Sometimes it will last longer but it will always at some point shut off when i am playing music. Any ideas? It's not overheating. I do know this. Bad driver? Please help!!!

2. DJJOHN

DJJOHN Thread Starter

No takers? Someone have any idea???

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

Did you go to the HP site and see if there was a BIOS update for your machine that may address your problem?

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

You've checked your power options and made sure Hibernation, Power OFF hasn't been set to a certain time frame? Jazz

5. DJJOHN

DJJOHN Thread Starter

Thanks guys, i will check into those ideas....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice