1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer turns on and then turns right back off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computerfailure1, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computerfailure1

computerfailure1 Thread Starter

Ok so I'm having a problem with building my computer. I used to have a working gaming pc but i decided to upgrade so i upgraded my case my motherboard and my PSU. After i re-built everything and was planning on turning it on, all the fans started spinning and the Led's turned on but only for about 3 seconds. it then turned off. What i figured out is that whenever my CPU cable is plugged in this happens but when it is unplugged it doesn't shut off but also no Bios shows up.:( The HSF always spins very slowly and slowly stops working. My Motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics so i need a GPU. Pleeeeeaaaase help me!! i really want it to work and sorry for the nooby question.
    I have seen similar problems on other Forums but i didn't quite get it and i thought with my specifications it would be easier for me to understand.
    Here are my specs:
    Motherboard: gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    PSU: Corsair RM 850
    Processor: AMD FX
    GPU: AMD radeon 7850 vtx 3d
    and case (probably unnecessary): thermaltake level 10 gt snow edition.

And ps: Pleeeeaaaase help!!!!! :eek:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't fully describe the AMD FX processor you have. Here is the supported list of FX processors for that motherboard.

Attached Files:

3. computerfailure1

computerfailure1 Thread Starter

ouh the thing is i don't completely know what the processor is. I got my old computer with the processor in it and i just know that it is FX. And is that supported list the list of compatible CPUs for my MOBO?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1130433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice