Computer turns on but shows only blank screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LarenBruse

I've been trying to solve this problem for over a months, going on different forums, trying to contact a one on one guy to help me, pressing all types of buttons on my keyboard but nothing seems to be working!

I have an all in one Dell desktop that refuses to display not even the start up logo. This problem happened right after I updated my computer. The update said it was going to automatically restart but it didn't and just turned off so I decided to turn it on and thats when it all begun.

I'm not 100% sure if it was the update or could be another problem. I should mention that when i turn on my computer an amber or orange light is present as if it's sleeping rather than the normal white light.

I've tried to reinstall windows on a flash drive but I'm lost and don't know where to go past the everything is installed in the flash drive now I plug it in.

I've haven't had any success in finding a solution anywhere near close so I would really appricate the help!

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
I assume the orange light you're referring is on the monitor?

It definitely indicates a hardware issue of some sort if you see NOTHING when you power it on.

Can you please post back your computer specs?

If it's a store bought, please provide just the manufacturer and model number.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts