1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer-TV connection problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by yoad, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yoad

yoad Thread Starter

hi!
    i am trying to connect my asus A8jn Lap top to my TV, and no go. it's seems the Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 video adapter just won't recognize this specific TV.
    i should mention i am using a S-video cable from the lap top to video RCA plug on the TV. using the same laptop with other television sets is working fine. same with the TV, other computers connect to it easily.

please help!!!!
    thank you!

2. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

If it works with other TV it's not your Nvidea card. If other laptops connect to your TV fine then I wouldn't say it's your TV. As far as your tv not being recognized there is no way your card would even no your tv is there unless it checked for a load on the s-video cable. It's not as if the tv sends a signal back down the s-video line to the pc saying hi i'm a LG-VX0006 TV send me a signal @ [email protected]. It is possiable that your tv just doesn't like the card of vice versa, it does happen on occasion.

3. yoad

yoad Thread Starter

so is there any way to fix this issue? i've updated the Nvidia driver. also, after plugging the LT to another television set i noticed that i get an image on the problematic TV. but after a few minutes it goes blank again.

i'm clueless about what else to try....

4. HalTrout

HalTrout

Does your video card allow any other output to tv other than svideo?

5. yoad

yoad Thread Starter

yes it also allows DVI output. do you think a DVI-RCA/Scart (my TV has only scart or RCA inputs) cable will do the trick? does a cable of that sort exist?
    please note that the S-video output is working properly with other TV sets...

thank you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice