Computer Unable to Rebuild BCD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Extherus

My computer recently stopped working and I perused several other forums until finding a solution which was to rebuild BCD via command prompt. The main issue is that my Asus x551m would not boot into Windows but would instead boot up into BIOS (Aptio Utility?) After downloading windows 10 on a flash drive (my laptop does NOT have a disc drive) I got to command prompt and I tried rebuilding BCD. After checking that my partitions were active (they were either active or unable to become active) I retried and the same message showed, even at the first time (bcdedit /export C:\bcd_backup ; The store export operation has failed/The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid) I would like some help; my computer has been inactive due to these circumstances for several days. Also, I didnt see the proper forum to post to, so I chose the most relevant one I saw. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online