1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer unable to run game at good framrate

Discussion in 'Games' started by ZachStuart, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ZachStuart

ZachStuart Thread Starter

First off I know what some of you might be thinking but its not about my computer being bad or whatnot. So im 18 at the time being and my parents are divorced. My dad recently gave me his old pc that when tested with ethernet it could run a game called Rust at around 80 frames all graphics and what not maxed out. I took it over to my moms to use it since her house didnt have a gaming pc I could use and once I set everything up and hooked it to ethernet suddenly the game wasnt even runnable on good graphics. I have tried replugging restarting and turning on and off wifi but to no avail if anyone knows about this please get back to me.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

What is your upload/download speed at your Dad's house?

What is your upload/download speed at your Mom's house?

https://www.speedtest.net/

3. ZachStuart

ZachStuart Thread Starter

At my dads house the upload is 10 mb and 81 mb for download. At my moms house its 11 mb for upload and 87 for download.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Need to see a screenshot of both please.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice