1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer updated and everything is mess up now

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JohnSmith-11, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnSmith-11

JohnSmith-11 Thread Starter

I can't download anything of the internet and can't factory reset

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Do you mean the PC downloaded the latest raft of Windows updates and now they're causing issues? Have you tried loading the System Restore point created automatically before the updates are implemented?

3. JohnSmith-11

You know how the update pops up and you can postpone if for 4 hours? Well one night i let it do its thing and when I got back on it it’s as if it deleted components of its self ,like downloading things of the internet. It also gives me NSIS errors but I’ve tried fixing that the common way and it dosesnt work. I can talk or use screen share on discord if that helps more

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

You mean Windows Update deleted components of itself ? How do you know that ?

What is NSIS ?

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    also
    Explain what the "common way" is to fix NSIS. (I don't know what NSIS is either.)

6. JohnSmith-11

I don’t know much about computers. Maybe when it updated it thought some things were malicious and got rid of them?. it just seems like it got rid parts of its self, there aren’t any back ups from before the update, a lot of my files were gone and the security is blocking things but when I go to find them there not there. Also if I were to go in my ducments there would be files there but if u were to open them through discord there would be nothing there, maybe that can give you a clue

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You still haven't explained what fix you tried nor what NSIS stands for.

We have four Windows 7 computers in the house and all have updates through January 2019. I haven't installed February yet because MS just released a fixed patch on 2/19/19 for IE released on 2/12/19.
    I usually don't update until I've read about all the problems.

I also image the four computers before I install the updates so that if something goes wrong, I can restore an image. I believe I've had to restore all the computers at least once for issues with either patches or a program update.

8. JohnSmith-11

I dont know what NSIS is, I just YouTubed it and followed through with the video

9. lunarlander

lunarlander

Well, Windows Updates wouldn't be malicious, because the updates signatures are checked upon receiving them.

How long has it been since you did your last Windows Update?

What security do you have and why message was it giving when you say "security is blocking things" ? What files were you trying to access/run when you encountered this security problem ? Maybe it was blocking something malicious, and you clicked on those.

It doesn't matter if you don't know about computers. We're here to help fix them. Please explain every detail.

Could you also do a disk check - Right click on drive C, choose Properties, Tools tab, Check Now button.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice