1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Upgrade Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HillBilly105, Dec 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HillBilly105

HillBilly105 Thread Starter

I Recently got a new graphics card(GTX 1060 4GB) and I replaced it with the old Graphics card(Radeon Rx 560) I plugged the new Graphics card in and every time I Boot my Computer up the graphics are very Blurry and ugly. I don’t if Messed up and got the Wrong Type of graphics card but I need help anyone please help me !

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Did you install the Nvidia driver to your computer.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You're saying you removed your old AMD Radeon RX 560 graphics card and replaced it with a new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card?

Did you remove the driver software for the old graphics card and install the driver software for the new graphics card?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

How to properly install a video card;
    1 Old card still installed, go to the support site ie nvidia or amd. Download the latest driver for your card. Do not use the driver on the support disk; it is almost always out of date
    2 Old card still installed, uninstall ALL software based on the old card ie driver, any suite, any monitoring software, etc. Do not reboot when prompted; just tell it later
    3 Shutdown and pull the old card. Install the new card and make any necessary pw connections
    4 Pw ON and install the driver you downloaded in step #1. Now reboot when prompted

Done.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice