1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer very slow, especially internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Lbr88, Jul 16, 2017 at 5:04 PM.

Advertisement
  1. Lbr88

Lbr88 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a lenovo idea pad 100 with Windows 10. Basically the whole computer is super slow the last few weeks, especially the internet despite good signal quality and speeds. The CPU usage goes up really high for no reason and I go and end tasks that are using it and then it works for about 5 minutes before I have to go do it again. It is not the same tasks every time. I have run a scan and nothing has shown up. The WiFi part of task manager says 0 kpbs sent and received very often, I think this coincides with slow internet. Netflix will work for 5 minutes before stopping again. Sometimes I just give it a few minutes then go back to it and it works. Also the sound on Netflix sometimes stops working even though video is still going, sometimes both stop together. I had to send this from my phone because the computer wasn't working at the time. No other internet device is affected. I don't know what to do.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 5:55 AM
  2. Sponsor

3. plodr

plodr Liz

There are some rather large Windows 10 updates. Perhaps they are downloading in the background.
    I do not run Windows 10 but I faced the same issue on one Windows 7 computer when I had auto update turned on.

4. Lbr88

Lbr88 Thread Starter

I will try turning off auto updates, thanks

5. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

The Lenovo IdeaPad 100 series laptops come in 11" and 15" and 17" models, so we have no idea which one you have.
    What's the complete model number on yours?
    What's the exact serial number on it?
    What country was it purchased in?

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. plodr

plodr Liz

You can't turn off auto updates in Windows 10.

You can turn off driver updates.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1193179