Computer (Vista OS) hangs on shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mso

Good morning! I have been having issues with my PC not shutting down properly (it will shutdown properly when I log on in safe mode). When I press the shutdown button it hangs and then goes back to the log in screen. When I log in, I receive the message that the pc was not shut down properly. I have Googled this question and still have not found the answer. Thanks in advance for some direction on this.

Here is the error log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA80048E6A30
BCP3: FFFFFA8007603050
BCP4: FFFFFA8005C4E010
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010211-01.dmp
C:\Users\Maria\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-329255-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Maria\AppData\Local\Temp\WER57A1.tmp.version.txt

mso

I sent through the clean boot process and have discovered that the nvidia display driver service is what appears to be causing the hanging problem. I am researching to find the solution; however, if anyone is able to steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online