1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer when left on reboots itself after a couple of hours

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aquablue53, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquablue53

aquablue53 Thread Starter

i leave my computer on overnight when downloading or when i do my work i noticed that after a few hours or overnight its starts to reboot i am using windows xp operating system with service pack 2 and i think it has also updated to service pack 3 i have turned of all power management and its is still happening

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Check in Control Panel>Scheduled Tasks to see if anything runs in the night that might be calling for a restart. Some anti-virus utilities restart after scanning. Could the download be causing this?

3. aquablue53

aquablue53 Thread Starter

saga i have stopped schedule task operating and computer still boots and restarts i noticed it happened again this morning as i have a password in the bios so when it reboots i have to put in my password thats how i know it is still booting up when i leave the computer on all night thanks for your reply hopefully i have done this reply right havent done a forum before

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!