1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer will not boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by VHSBlackKnight, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VHSBlackKnight

VHSBlackKnight Thread Starter

My OS is Win7 Profesional. My PC is self built. The other night we had a power outage while I was working, on a program, on my PC. It only lasted for a second or two. When my PC came back on, it came back up to where I was working as if nothing happened. Last night, I don't shut off my PC over night, while working on the PC, I keep hearing a slight sound coming from the PC and each time I heard it, I would see the HDD light flicker on. I decided to reboot the PC to see if the sound would go away. The PC would not boot up. Figuring the OS was corrupted, I went about putting my legal version of Win7 in the DVD drive to run a repair. When I went to use the repair program, I got a message saying, This version of system recovery options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disk that is compatible with this version of windows. Had me stumped until I remember that I had a second drive with WinXP on it that I was going to run under Win7 and somehow the PC was using WinXP, if that is possible. Checked the BIOS and did not find my C drive. I am thinking that the power outage, when the power came back on, compromised my C drive. After doing everything I know to do to recover my data, I have come up blank. I need to know if there is anyway possible to retrieve my data, etc?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Do you have another computer you can connect the drive in to test? You can also use a USB caddy which make it easy to connect to another computer. If it still doesn’t work then you will have to consider how valuable the data is and if you want to pay for data recovery as Spyware mentioned one option. However, there are many options. available.

4. VHSBlackKnight

VHSBlackKnight Thread Starter

I'm interested in the other options. One that I have been trying to do is to download a copy of ERD Commander for Windows 7. When I do a search and come up with websites and I go to them, they go to other websites with more websites, and on and on, with none of them giving me a website to be able to download the file. Have any idea on getting to a website that will let me download the file?

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice