Computer will not boot!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Avery21

On Start up I get the message " Pri master hdd error", also I hear a low beeping sound like a sonar sound.

unable to do anything else with it, it keeps on saying cannot read cdrom or floppy drive.

Any help would be much appriciated

Avery21

I tried to use the boot disk,but it had no effect.
still gets the sonar beeping sound that starts then about 8 secs sounds again and so on untill it displays the error.

Also I get a message " NTLDR is missing " press any key to restart

Sounds like the hard drive is dead. Check the connections.IDE and power. If they are hooked up correctly, go buy a drive.

Unhook the HDD and try to boot to a floppy. Your board could be toast?? The things can be rough.

Avery21

thanks, I kind of figured something was fried. These cpu's in the lab are very old. This one that does not work is a p2 330mhz. I will try some different boards and drives and see what happens .

thanks again.

Avery21

Ok I swapped Harddrives. it got rid of the sonar beeping sounds but it still comes up with " NTLDR is missing". Not sure What that is and not sure where to go from here.

Have you used a boot disk with the new HDD yet?

If not, see if it will boot and load to the command prompt.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online