1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer will not shut down.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bronco65, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronco65

bronco65 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I seem to be having problems.
    I have recently updated some drivers using a program called UniBlue DriverScanner 2009 v2.0.0.26 and now when I try to shut down all I get is a blue screen saying windows is shutting down, and that just stays there.
    I am beginning to think this is a bit of dud software.
    Any tips on how to resolve this.

My System:

windows xp
    media center edition
    version 2002
    service pack 3

Hewlett-packard
    pavilion
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHZ
    3.00 GHZ, 1.50GB of RAM

Thanks

Dan..

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I doubt if Uniblue Driver Scanner 2009 allowed you to download driver updates, unless you purchased the program first.

Your mistake was using a "driver scanner" to do it. If you want or need driver updates, you should get them from the HP software and support site for your Pavilion model number(which you didn't mention), or you should get them from the vendors' sites that create and provide them for download.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Start your computer, go to System Restore, then select a restore date prior to when the problem occurred. See if that helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------

3. shinybeast

shinybeast

If you know what particular drivers were installed then you can use the rollback feature from Device Manager to get back to the old driver. Look for a log for Uniblue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice